Today’s Forecast: Cloudy with a Chance of Cuffing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JWU chapter.

Ladies and Gents…

Back at it again with the cuffing season! Whether you know it or not, we all secretly want that cuddle buddy that’s going to keep you warm on a cold winter night. This year, especially for us New England fellas, it’s a bit hard to know whether or not it’s ACTUALLY cuffing season. One day it’s cold, one day it’s hot but keep your eyes open, my fellow single friends, draft season has begun. So brace yourselves, collegiate’s, it’s officially cuffing season. 

So you might ask yourself: “How do I survive cuffing season?” or you might wonder how your super single self will be able to live through all the cute Instagram posts or the overload of PDA all over campus. No worries, you’re not alone! It’s almost the end of October, which means once Halloween is over and us females have released our inner Miley Cyrus, we’re in it to win it! The colder it gets, the more chance you have at finding a bae. Quite frankly, the weather is on our side this year. Just remember, as much as we’re lurking to find that perfect cuddle buddy, these boys out here are doing the same. I went on Huffington Post and found some posts that might help you understand a bit more about the “Cuffing Season”. Remember, fellow collegiates, Cuffing Season is a temporary period of hard core cuddling and Netflix. Come April, we’re back to Savage Season…unless you’re dangerously lucky and you’re stuck for life and it’s forever a cuffing season for you. #SorryNotSorry

How Strong is Your Cuff Game? 

Cuffing season is a long 7 month commitment. From leafy October all the way through snowy Christmas and into Valentine’s day. Once you’ve been through those dreadful holidays, come March or even April come along you’re out of the game. Once that day hits where beaches officially open and sweats start dripping from your forehead because your professor doesn’t believe in AC, cuffing season is over. So until then, whether you get drafted today and get kicked off the roster right before Christmas ( sadly, that happens ALL the time), you’re in for a long season of cuddling and boo-loving. Here’s a chart on how strong your cuffing game can be.

The Playlist For your BaeList

Here it is, collegiates, this is the list of your go-to artists for your first dates all the way to the day when you’ve finally been fully cuffed and you’re in the bathroom together while you get ready as you smell their not-so-pleasent scent of…you know. 

In addition to these go-to artists, here’s a couple more BaeList “baby making” material artists:

1. Jeremiah

2. Trey Songz

3. The Weeknd

4. Ne-Yo

5. Usher

6. R Kelly

Cuffing Season: The Bae-sics

Here’s a chart on when we feel most that we want to be cuffed up. We all want to take that cute photo under the misteltoe or next to a big Christmas tree…but as much as we WANT to be cuffed during those times, do expectations become reality? Ladies: Hold your ground until after December 25th! The highest “Need to be Cuffed” point is during Christmas so have faith and keep lurking! If you’re single by December and you’re not exactly taking part in the Cuffing Season…better luck next year because if you join the cuffed side so late odds are, you’re going to be in that awkward stage of “Do I get bae a Christmas gift?”. There’s always that fear that you get Bae a gift and leave with empty hands. Ouch.

Your Guide to CuffStyle

This one’s my favorite post. The fully cuffed stage is so accurate. Buy your man a pair of sneakers and he’ll wear it all the way until his next girlfriend…coming from experience. Anyways, my favorite outfit…not to sound basic, is an oversized hoodie with a pair of leggings or joggers. Lounging in Bae’s hoodie is probably the most comfortable thing ever. Spray a little bit of his godly cologne and you’re set for life…or “cuffing season”. Don’t forget, get a bae that matches your fly. You can’t have yourself looking better than your significant other, you gotta shine together to last to ultimate cuffing season. 

So, that’s all for the Huffington Post articles. As I was typing this post, I started to realize how dreadfully single I am. So, for those of you reading this, don’t forget it’s coming from a girl who didn’t make it to the preseason of cuffing season and you still have a chance in making it to the 2016-2017 annual “Cuffing Season”. ‘Tis the Season, Wildcats…it’s Netflix’s favorite season to be one of the most popular Online Movie provider. 

Hi everyone! I'm Reina Mori and I am a current sophomore at Johnson and Wales University. I currently study Baking and Pastry Arts/ Food Service Management. I am a proud Hermana of Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Señoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc. I am from New Jersey currently living in Rhode Island! I work at Vicotria's Secret and sadly, I love to spend all of my money there. I have the worlds cutest dog named Bailey. She's an Australian Cattle Dog who LOVES food just as much as I do. A few things I like to do for fun is cooking, playing field hockey, shopping, and being around my friends. A fun fact about me is that I am absolutely terrible when it comes to introducing myself.