From the Eyes of a Minority

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JWU chapter.

The time has finally arrived. That moment when all hell breaks loose and America has just had enough. 

Only one can dream, for America to be the land of the great…again.

As a minority, and being a woman, I already have two strikes against me living in this distraught world. Whether we like it or not, in this past election, we have faced the scary truth of where America stands. America is now defined by 5 simple, distruthful, horrific letters. T-R-U-M-P

Make America Great Again? In the eyes of whom? For majority of American citizen’s, America has become a world of fear and betrayal. I realized that prior, not only did Obama help us in brigning America in the right track, he also never forgot about our  fellow minorities or average class citizens. Now, to be completely transparent and hoenst, I feel uncomfortable living in the life of fear and uncovered secrets. What would Trump do to make America great again? What would America look in the next four years? We live in a world where we wait and hide from all of these unanswered questions. With all of these new and coming movies, memes, social media posts, it’s almost hard to believe that America will change for the better. Partically, yes, it is social media and new generations clowning the elections, but it’s also the dark, sad reality that America has come down to. The fact that our newest President is a celebrity millionaire who seeks for attention, not to mention a bankrupt non-tax payer, does not exactly strike me as Presidential. 

So, is it wrong for many of the citizens to be frightened and wanting to leave to another country? No, it’s absolutely normal. Not only can Trump change regulations and create new boundaries, he can also defeat and vanish every hard work and dedicaton that the past has done to make America the way it is now. Not only for minorities, but lower class, middle class citizens will need to face struggles because of the unexpected changes Trump has in store. In reality, Trump may not be the reason that America will fail, but every citizen who acts upon the power that he gained will. That is what scares me. The mentality of the citizens who are willing to use the power that Trump has for malicious behavior is the reason for our fear. It’s time we speak up and stand up for what we believe in. 

Social media like this is what scares us as minorities:

Gif’s like this is what makes America a joke:

This is the team we need back in action:

In conclusion:

Hi everyone! I'm Reina Mori and I am a current sophomore at Johnson and Wales University. I currently study Baking and Pastry Arts/ Food Service Management. I am a proud Hermana of Sigma Lambda Upsilon/Señoritas Latinas Unidas Sorority, Inc. I am from New Jersey currently living in Rhode Island! I work at Vicotria's Secret and sadly, I love to spend all of my money there. I have the worlds cutest dog named Bailey. She's an Australian Cattle Dog who LOVES food just as much as I do. A few things I like to do for fun is cooking, playing field hockey, shopping, and being around my friends. A fun fact about me is that I am absolutely terrible when it comes to introducing myself.