Why You NEED to Join the Green Smoothie Bandwagon TODAY

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Juniata chapter.

Two of the most common excuses I hear from family and friends when I encourage them to eat healthier is that they do not have enough money or time. And trust me, I get it. EVERYONE is busy trying to juggle their commitments and achieve their goals while constantly trying to find ways to save more money. But, the simple truth is that those commitments and goals will have to take the back-seat sooner rather than later in life’s journey, if one does not prioritize and INVEST in his or her health early on in life.

So if money and time are truly the only two factors keeping you from being proactive in your own health, then you absolutely need to join the GREEN SMOOTHIE BANDWAGON. It really is the perfect way to get essential nutrient-dense, leafy greens and fruit into your daily diet in less than 10 minutes with minimal costs.

Not sure where to begin? Do not fret, most people don’t! Take a look at the formula below for simple, yet DELICIOUS beginner green smoothies that you can start blending up TODAY.

Source: 100daysofrealfood.com

“If you ain’t talkin’ money, I don’t wanna talk.” I know, I get it. No one wants to be looking for additional expenses on top of everything else they’re paying for, but hear me out. Green smoothies can be done with hardly any costs. 

First, you’re going to need a blender. Wal Mart has a great one for this job by Hamilton Beach.It’s only $14, and you can literally take the top half of the blender to class and drink your delicious creation through the travel lid.

Your leafy green requirements are by no means a financial burden. You can easily get a bag of spinach or kale from any local grocery store for under $3.

If you have a meal plan that you use regularly, you should not be buying fruit! Take one every day before you leave Baker. Plus, things always taste better when they’re FREE.

And then, if you have issues spending a few extra dollars on almond or coconut milk for your liquid base, then just use tap water. 

I was recently inspired to embark on this green smoothie lifestyle when I stumbled across Jadah Sellner and Jen Hansard’s simple green smoothie website. I strongly encourage you to check out their website if you want to learn more!

Source: simplegreensmoothies.com

Listen. The time is NOW. You came to Juniata because you have a burning passion to make a difference somewhere in the world within a desired discipline. Do NOT deprive yourself of the opportunity to make these differences by putting your health in the back-seat. Bring it forward. Blend it up. And let me know how much HAPPIER you are once you have officially joined the green smoothie bandwagon.