Tiarra Chambliss ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Tiarra Chambliss

Hometown: Richmond, VA

Year: Junior

Major: Psychology

Relationship Status: In a relationship

Campus Involvement: MYMOM, Psychology Service Organization, Student Alumni Association

Favorite Show to Binge Watch on Netflix: “Quantico,” for sure!

Favorite Holiday Movie: The old school version of “The Year Without Santa Claus”

This past year, you served as a Leadership Counselor for the Make Your Mark On Madison (MYMOM) leadership program. What was that experience like for you?

It was such a positive and eye opening experience for me. Being surrounded by some of the most authentic people on this campus was truly inspiring. I think the most significant lesson I learned from being a LC is that you can learn something valuable from every person you cross paths with.

Now that your position as an LC is over, what will you do to further your leadership experience?

I have stepped up and taken on executive positions in the organizations I am involved in. Being an LC has equipped me with the tools to be a confident, intentional and uplifting leader both in organizations and out.

How do you partake in self-care during the stressful time that is finals?

Staying far, far away from the libraries on campus, junk food, negative Nancys and negative self talk. Journaling also helps me to keep my sanity. Honestly, I think finals is hyped up and only as stressful as you make it.

Any plans for winter break?

I plan on spending time with family, eating repulsive amounts of Ghardelli Peppermint Bark and not thinking about anything school-related. So nothing too special!

What is your favorite part about the holidays?

This is the most wonderful time of the year. Everything, with an exception to Santa Claus. The idea of a large man sneaking into my house late at night freaked me out as a child! Although I do love the over-the-top decorations, the one time of the year Mariah Carey peaks and gift giving. Ahhh.

Yasmine is a senior at James Madison University majoring in writing, rhetoric and technical communication. Half-Italian and half-Palestinian, she was born and raised in Herndon, VA. Her favorite shows include New Girl, The Office, and Law and Order: SVU. During the school year, Yasmine writes for publications such as Potty Mouth, Port & Main Magazine, The Breeze, and Health Greatness, in addition to Her Campus. She is also involved in many clubs around campus, such as Muslim Student Association, SafeRides, and Make Your Mark On Madison. She has a passion for writing and hopes to begin her career as a fashion journalist after college. 
Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.