Thigh High Boots – Yay or Nay?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

As the winter season is quickly approaching, I have been endlessly searching for a new style to rock on campus that doesn’t consist of the usual VS yoga pants and UGGS. At this point in the semester, comfort and warmth usually win as you seek out an outfit; however, there are many other cute alternatives, such as a boot that covers the majority of your thigh!

I’ll tell you one thing, you will be catching glances from both guys and girls as you rock a pair of these boots on campus! This sexy little item can be worn casually or dressed up for a night on the town. One thing to look out for, though, is that if you’re in a place like Harrisonburg, VA, you may find that a heeled thigh high may be a little over the top. But do not worry, I have found the perfect solution! This cute alternative is called a Hidden-Wedge Thigh High.

The thigh-high style of boot can be paired with just about any fall/winter look. These boots can be worn with a cute tunic and jeans or a stylist sweater. But whatever you choose, they will be the perfect addition to any outfit!

Hey Ya'll! Here at James Madison University I'm majoring in Writing, Rhetoric and Technical Communication and minoring in Family Studies. I'm just a student writing my way through college, and when I'm not busy doing that, I have my nose in a book. I couldn't make it through a day without Country music, and I love the OBX (it's Heaven on earth!).
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.