This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Despite your best efforts to conserve money, the funds are bound run out eventually.

Dont panic though; it may seem like your dining dollars were your lifeline this semester, but you will survive. Here are some tips for getting through finals with little-to-no dining dollars.

1. Stock up at Walmart

Think about all the things you might be tempted to buy if you were studying on campus at nightBuy them at a grocery store and then bring them to campus with you! Fun fact: One carton of International Delight Iced Coffee costs $3.88 at Walmart and will sustain your iced coffee needs for a few days.

2. Use those punches

If you have a meal plan, you should have a surplus of punches this week, especially if youre going home before Thursday! Use them to buy snacks and beverages at Dukes, Festival, Market One etc.! Dining hall hours get weird during finals week, so make sure to use them early!

3. Take advantage of E-hall and D-hall

Sneak as much food out of these dining halls as you can! Sandwiches, pizza, cookies, fruits, and more will all be helpful when youre looking for a snack. You might feel a little weird pulling out your Tupperware in the library, but its worth it.

4. Study in your dorm/apartment

Staying away from the libraries/places that sell food and beverages is the best way to save money, but we all know this isnt always feasible.

5. Choose Dunkin’ Over Starbucks

This tip applies if you still have some dining but not a lot. Coffee at Dunkin’ Donuts is generally less expensive than that from Starbucks, so if you dont have a strong allegiance to either of the brands, this can be helpful.

Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.