Rent the Runway to the Rescue!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

While James Madison University is definitely one of the most beautiful and fun schools around (I’m talking about the campus AND the people here!), the one thing it is not is a fashion capitol. The ’Burg missed the target for college fashionistas. But collegiettes, don’t despair! Rent the Runway is here to the rescue!

Rent the Runway is an online store where you can rent designer dresses for only 10 percent of the retail value. When I say designer, I mean hot off the runway. But it doesn’t stop there; Rent the Runway also has amazing jewelry and handbags for the same unbeatable deal. Whatever the occasion, this website will have you looking like a bombshell while still keeping you on your budget.

Another awesome feature: chatting with a stylist. Rent the Runway provides free fashion stylist advice to you on their website! This is great if you have an awesome piece of jewelry and need to know what kind of dress to where it with… Again, Rent the Runway saves the day with this convenient tool.

So collegiettes, go sign up for an account today at RenttheRunway.com! It’s totally free to sign up and once you start renting, there are tons of great deals! Whether you need a dress for a formal, semi-formal, the Foxfield races, or you scored yourself a man in uniform (lucky!) and need to attend a military ball, this website has a dress for you. The website has everything from gowns to cocktail dresses, so whether you’re heading to a gala or a casual event, Rent the Runway has you covered!

Alexa is a junior from Cream Ridge, New Jersey.  She is studying Media Arts & Design with a concentration in Corporate Communication and minors in Creative Writing and Anthropology.  She works for the JMU Office of Residence Life as a Program Adviser and as the Graphics Editor for The Breeze.  She loves watching The Bachelor, pinning to her fashion boards and running outside.   Alexa aspires to work in the glamouous fashion magazine industry in New York City or LA.