The Official JMU-Her Campus Fall Bucket List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

The first day of fall is finally here! Here at Her Campus JMU we have been fawning over the brisk fall breeze that has started making its way into the valley. After all, we have all been waiting patiently to break out the sweaters and hear that satisfying crunch of leaves since August. But, the wait is finally over, and we have a few things to check off our bucket list this year. Will you join us?

• Hike Reddish Knob and see the sun set on the beautiful fall foliage of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

• Get a PSL (Pumpkin Spice Latte) from every Starbucks on campus.

• DIY the perfect Halloween costume…ahead of time!

• Sunset Yoga at UPARK (sign up on the UREC registration page).

• Find the perfect cozy sweater to cuddle up in (Blue Ridge Hospice and Goodwill thrift stores have a TON).

• Make it through an entire football game, tailgate and all!

• Have a picnic with a view of the stunning changing leaves in the Arboretum.

• Go camping before it gets too cold.

• Rake up a pile of leaves, and then jump in it.

• Go apple picking at Showalter’s.

• Make a homemade pumpkin or apple pie (bonus points if you made it with the pumpkin or apples you picked).

• Visit the puppy farm and snuggle some pups.

• Pick wildflowers to decorate your space at Pebble Hall.

• Visit Fear Forest…with friends that will hold your hand.

Hey everyone! I'm Megan, a senior at James Madison University pursuing a double major in the School of Media Arts and Design (with a concentration in journalism) and political science, and a minor in political communication. I am an avid Netflix viewer, obsessed with breakfast foods, and a yogi-- queue the headstand. I love to read news and stay up to date with all things pop culture...and I also love to write, go figure! Due to extreme wanderlust, I am always on the move, and I look forward to traveling the world and whatever comes with it. Feel free to contact me with any questions or comments you have. Enjoy!