The Last Few Weeks of School as Told by “The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

With last-minute papers and projects due and finals week creeping around the corner, the last few weeks of school are filled with anxiety, stress, and the inevitable feeling of growing up. College starts feeling like a bunker you just want to escape to explore the world of summer vacation. Luckily, just like Kimmy, you’re strong as hell and will get through it.  

Trying to summon the will to go to the last days of your classes.

Getting the most of your meal plan so it doesn’t go to waste.

Staying up late finishing last-minute projects.

Staying up late preparing for finals.

Going through your 4th cup of coffee of the day.

Watching your bank account decrease as you pay for coffee and late-night food.

Packing up your room to get ready to go home.

Feeling the pressure while taking your finals.

The glorious freedom you feel when you finish your last final.

Finally, even though the last few weeks have been hectic, you got through your first (or another) year of college and can’t wait for the next.

Treat yourself and catch the second season of “The Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt” now on Netflix!

Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.