This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: James Hong

Age: 19

Year: Sophomore

Major: Media Arts & Design; French

Hometown: Burke, VA

Relationship Status: Single 

Activities/Interests: I’m a brother of the professional business fraternity, Alpha Kappa Psi, and I am an intern at the Office of Public Affairs. My one and only interest is people. I love people. Without them, I have would nothing else to do with my life and no one to do it with.

Why did you choose JMU? I never visited JMU while I was in high school, but everyone told me how amazing it was. Not a single person gave me a negative review about the school and so I assumed that if everyone else liked it, I was for sure going to love it. Oh, and JMU was one of the few schools that had a good program for my major. I guess that had a factor.

What is your ideal date? My ideal date….. I’ve never really had an “ideal date.” What would really make a date ideal is if it wasn’t staged at all. If everything just fell in to place perfectly from start to finish. Nothing was forced, conversations were easy going, and just knowing that you’re spending a nice time with a nice person. 

Celebrity crush: Dianna Agron – There’s just something about her that’s crush-worthy. And she’s not on everyone’s “Top 10 Celeb Crushes” so my chances of being with her are a lot higher.

3 words that best describe you: Facebook, Twitter, Sociable – How else do you describe a person than through their social media accounts? But really..Sociable, witty, dependable.

Chantal Johnson is a senior at James Madison University, studying Media Arts and Design with a concentration in Digital Video and Cinema. Aside from Her Campus JMU, she is involved with University Program Board. Chantal loves hanging out with her friends, listening to her "feel good" playlist on her iPod, or just curling up with a really good book in her spare time. Chantal loves her hometown, Roanoke,Virginia, but can't wait to graduate and explore her opportunities around the world! Within the next 10 years, Chantal's dream job would be becoming "the next Shonda Rhimes"!