Jake McMonagle ’18

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

NameJake McMonagle

Year: Freshman

Majors: Quantitative Finance and Math

Hometown: Philadelphia 

What clubs or organizations are you involved with at JMU?  

Lets see, I am in the JMU Honors program, I am founding member of Kappa Delta Roe (KDR), and Cinerarium so I run the meetings. I’m also part of JMU Club Dodge Ball, the Treasure for CAB at Shenandoah, and I participated in Best Buddies. I read at mass one or twice a month on Sundays and I’m in the Financial Management Association.

Which organization/club event or activity has been your favorite so far?

This is currently going on but Greek Sing. Just because it’s a good bonding experience, fun and a funny way to get-together with my brothers.

You do a lot of activities for a freshman, is there any that you were surprised you joined?

I’m pretty surprised I joined a fraternity, never thought I would join one.

Do you have any future plans of getting more involved in JMU?

I plan on joining the Business Club and hopefully get a leadership role in it.

What is your favorite thing about JMU?

I would say the opportunities. 

So Jake, what are your career goals?

I want to be a financial analyst or risk manager for a financial institution. 

Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.