This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Jacqueline Clarke

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Dunn Loring, Virginia

Major/Minors: Interdisciplinary studies with a minor in elementary education and a concentration in humanities and social sciences

What is your favorite thing about JMU so far?

My favorite thing about JMU is the endless amount of opportunities available here. There is a club or team for every possible interest and it’s amazing to see how involved and unique everyone is. I love how people aren’t afraid to be themselves here and I love that JMU has given me the opportunity to participate in clubs and activities that I’ve always wanted to be apart of. There truly is something for everyone here and I love how the culture is so accepting of each and every student.

What kind of organizations/clubs are you in?

I’m in Alpha Sigma Alpha, a social sorority, and I’m on coed indoor and outdoor intramural soccer teams, and I plan on joining the outdoor adventure club as well as the community service club next semester now that I have had an entire semester to adjust to college life.

What is your favorite study spot/habit?

My favorite study spot is at the carrier library. It’s impossible for me to study anywhere else since I get distracted so easily. Being in a quiet and studious atmosphere is really my only way to get things done and it’s really close to my dorm so it’s no hassle to get there.

Do you have a favorite memory from JMU so far?

My favorite memory at JMU is when my roommate bought a cow onesie and our suite encouraged her to run around all of campus in it. Everyone was giving us the weirdest looks as we all ran around the Quad but I remember laughing so hard for such a long time that I got a cramp. It was one of those weird and spontaneous events and it was hilarious how little we cared what people thought of us.

What is your favorite place to eat on campus?

Student Success Center, hands down. If you haven’t tried the Fresh Bruschetta from the Italian place you haven’t lived.

What is your favorite tv show of all time?

My favorite tv show of all time is Gossip Girl. I’m obsessed. I’ve seen it 6 times all the way through. It’s actually pathetic how much I love it, I have canvases on my dorm wall about gossip girls as well as stickers on my laptop.  

Fun fact?

Fun fact is that I modeled for American Girl Doll as a kid and since then have modeled for Nordstrom, Lord and Taylor, and Paul Mitchell. Another weird fun fact is that I have a cavity in every single one of my teeth. I swear I brush my teeth though I just have the softest enamel possible so I get cavities all the freaking time. It’s great especially since I’m scared of the dentist…!

I am a sophomore Communications Studies major with a concentration in Public Relations and a minor in Political Communication!
Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.