burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

I Got Leggings from Girlfriend Collective and This is What I Thought

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

You guys may be familiar with these leggings. Do you remember the advertisement on facebook for free leggings? Like everyone else, I was skeptical about it. As anyone should be with any facebook advertisement. I decided to check it out and see what the fuss was about. The leggings from the Girlfriend Collective are recyclable and made in factories that are SA8000 certified which uses zero forced or child labor and provide living wages and safe conditions for those who make the leggings. Sounds too good to be true right?

Well, you’re sorta right. So it turns out that the leggings aren’t technically free you have to pay $20 for shipping and handling. Which we all know makes us rethink all of our decisions when online shopping. Lucky for you I took a chance and went ahead and bought them.

After a month or so of waiting for the leggings to ship, I finally got them and let me tell you I am in LOVE.

Putting them on they were tight in a good way, amazing actually. They looked great and made me feel great. They were thick and high waisted — basically everything I wanted in a legging. I could wear them for any occasion and I did.

Don’t believe me? Try them out for yourself! Sadly, the “free legging” promo is over but their Spring Collection is coming soon. Keep a look out at girlfriend.com.

Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.
Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.