How to Make it Through Finals Week

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Finals are the most stressful time of the year for every college student.  For some reason, fall semester finals always seem to be the worst.  Maybe it’s because everyone feels like garbage because it’s cold out, or maybe it’s because you just want to get home as fast as possible to eat all the holiday cookies and get coddled by your mom.  Whatever the case may be, the bottom line is that finals are tough and no matter how much you try to be proactive, you still missed the mark.

Luckily, I’ve got some stuff that you’re going to need if you want to be able to pretend that everything is ok.

First: You’re sitting in the library (miserable) and it smells like whatever trash food that person 3 people over brought in.  I don’t know about you, but that will keep me distracted for a solid half hour.  Lucky for me, I always have a scented lotion in my backpack.  Besides the fact that this stuff smells GREAT, your poor little fingers have been typing away all day and it’s time for a little TLC.  This will make your hands feel A LOT better and you don’t smell that persons poor life decisions anymore.

What’s my lotion of choice? The Being Cloudberry & Lychee Blossom Hand Cream.  It smells unbelievable.

Second: Ok, you smell nice things now; you think you diverted the crisis.  That is, until your computer bugs out and you lose half of your final paper. (Yes this happened to me this week) **Cue Ugly Kim K Crying in the middle of the library** Go to the bathroom so you don’t cause a scene, call your best friend, call a stranger, do what you have to but you need to calm down.  Only issue now, big red puffy eyes.  But have no fear, if you follow my steps you’ll be carrying the Alba Botanica Fast Fix for Puffy Eyes, nobody next to you has to know you’ve hit an all time low.

Third: You go home after your long day, something else goes wrong and oops you threw something and broke your favorite mug in the crossfire.  Well my #1 tip would most likely be not to throw things, but stuff happens sometimes.  If that is the case, you better have your handy dandy Krazy Glue on deck ready to fix that mug that you got from some ex-bff in a holiday gift exchange.

Fourth: Well if you completed step three, its obviously time for you to take a study break.  I know you might think you don’t have time, but you’re going to carve an hour out of your schedule and go to the gym.  Best way to work out your frustration and I promise you’ll feel a lot better.  Le Motto makes some sweet shirts, in my opinion the best to sweat in.  Very relatable all the time, especially during finals. My personal favorite “Less regret, More sweat #ActuallySheCan” because I know you CAN do it girl #GirlPower.

Fifth and Finally: You made it, you’re finally done!  Now glam your sleep deprived self up for all those holiday parties.  I 10/10 recommend hauling yourself over to any store that sells Tarte because their eye shadow is BEAUTIFUL and their mascara looks flawless with a couple of sweeps.

As for now, hang in there—and trust me, it’ll be over before you know it.