Henna Essence JMU: Sarah Mehzabin and Shivali Marwaha

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Year: Freshmen

Hometown: Woodbridge, VA (Sarah) McLean, VA (Shivali)

Major(s): CIS (Sarah) and Business Management (Shivali)

Where did you guys meet?

We met on Facebook on the JMU19 page. We were both looking for roommates and we found each other. 

How did you guys come up with the idea to start this business?

We both grew up doing henna for birthdays, holidays, special occasions and just recreationally. Over the years we’ve gotten better and better and decided to bring something new to JMU. 

What has been your favorite design you’ve ever done? 

Neither of us have a favorite design. The designs we favor to do are traditional henna designs. 

Since it’s your guy’s first year at JMU what has been your favorite thing so far?

For both of us, it’s been living with each other. After we met on Facebook we became best friends and now we’re basically joined at the hip. Living with your best friend really makes your college experience more enjoyable. 

If you want to get in contact with Henna Essence JMU here’s how:

Like their Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/hennaessencejmu/info/?tab=overview

Or contact Sarah and Shivali:

Sarah Mehzabin:

mehzabss@dukes.jmu.edu

(703) 314-3710

Shivali Marwaha:

marwahsx@dukes.jmu.edu

(703) 344-4452

Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.