Getting Through the Pre-Spring Break Slump

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Spring Break is a week away. This is not a drill.

As the halfway point of the semester approaches, it seems like due dates are piling up at a rate that is impossible to keep up with—especially with the idea of a vacation coming up. Whether you’ve got big spring break plans or not, it’s likely that the spring fever is going to get pretty strong in this next week. Here are some thoughts on how to make it through!

Think about all the people you’ll miss over break

While you’re at it, think about how much more you’ll miss them while you’re at home, trying to avoid high school acquaintances.

Cherish the fact that no one expects you to wear a bathing suit in February at JMU

If you have plans involving a beach trip or a cruise, soak in these last days where you can wear seven layers of clothes without being questioned.

**or be excited to wear a bathing suit because you’re great and body positivity is important**

Pretend your dining dollars expire very soon

Use this as an excuse to “Treat yo self.”

Warning: this piece of advice is good for you emotionally but bad for you financially

Daydream about all the laundry you’ll do at home

Number one thing about going back home is getting all your laundry done. Seeing loved ones is pretty cool, too…

Do not overstress

This is obviously easier said than done, but the most important thing you can do for yourself right now is take it easy. Take as many breaks and deep breaths as you can!

Use your weekend wisely

You don’t necessarily need to lock yourself in your favorite study zone from Friday night to Monday morning, but try to get on top of things so that your last week before break is (relatively) worry-free!

Hang in there and remember:

Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.