Event Recap: Rachael Bozsik from The Brand Girls

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Her Campus JMU had a special treat Monday, January 23 — Rachael Bozsik, CEO and Founder of The Brand Girls, came to give us a presentation about how to land our stylish dream jobs!

The Brand Girls is a personalized, online video workshop that teaches girls how to have personal brand confidence. It began in Rachael’s college bedroom and has since grown into a company featured on Business Insider, Teen Vogue, The Huffington Post, Ivanka Trump and Bustle, among others. The four session workshop costs $500 and has four parts: defining your brand, resume workshop, key points in pitching and conversation flow (otherwise known as networking).

When going into an interview, you want to know how to answer the question “Why YOU?” Everyone is going to say the same thing — I’m organized, I had X, Y and Z internships,  etc.

“Professional confidence is at the root of success,” Rachael says. It “can be built and it’s contagious.” Rachael shared some facts with us: 70% of Americans are unhappy at work, and women underestimate their abilities when it comes time to apply for jobs. “Don’t wait to apply!” she says. Reach out to your contacts, work your network and keep your brand consistent over all platforms.

“Empowered women empower women,” Rachael says. She shares three steps you can take to land your dream job:

1. Connect with friends and family — ask what makes you special
  2. Create a visual brand board on Pinterest (30 minutes of unrestricted pinning on a secret board) — this will help you determine your brand theme
  3. Expand your network — talk to EVERYBODY about your career goals (yes, even your Uber driver!), and order calling cards (Rachael suggests Zazzle, Moo or Primo Print)

“If you want to be professionally confident, it’s up to you to do so,” she says. Create your own experiences — and don’t forget to send both handwritten thank you cards and emails to anyone you talk to!

Thank you so much Rachael and The Brand Girls for this awesome presentation!

Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.