Dolley’s Diplomacy: A Women’s Leadership Conference

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Are you interested in politics, media, and/or civic leadership? Join the Montpelier Foundation in its women’s leadership conference known as “Dolley’s Diplomacy.” It is a two-day event on March 28-29 2015. The conference will be held at Montpelier near Orange County, Virginia. Participants will have the opportunity to engage with top national females for a weekend full of dialogue, lessons, and mentoring.

What should I expect?

Dolley’s Diplomacy focuses of the history and the importance of women’s leadership and the roles that continue to shape and strengthen the nation. The conference will include sessions that discuss the importance of women’s influences on society in the following categories: policy, legal, media, and business.

Who is eligible?

Space is limited. Only one hundred college females will be selected through an application process and the spots are quickly filling up, so don’t miss out on this opportunity.

What’s included?

There is no charge for participants. The event includes all meals for the two day conference. You are only responsible for travel and lodging.

How do I apply?

You can apply online at Dolley’s Diplomacy Application | Montpelier. They will be accepting applications on a rolling basis. For more information, questions, and/or concerns please contact Ann Laurence Baumer at alb3xb@virginia.edu.

Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.