Decorate Your Computer With Washi Tape

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

It is a trend common on college campuses, especially visible in libraries and classrooms: laptop stickers, skins, and decorations. From “JMU” emblems to Greek letters, there is a myriad of options from which to choose. Why not make your laptop decorations completely unique?

Washi tape, a thin yet durable Japanese craft tape, has been popping up on Pinterest and craft blogs lately. It is sold at major craft stores and online sites such as Etsy, and is an inexpensive decoration option. The strips of tape can be cut into perfect keyboard-sized squares and placed over the letters, creating a colorful look.. Even better, the tape is commonly found with designs like stripes and polka dots, so you can mix patterns!

photo credit www.sheknows.com

This easy DIY decoration can literally be done in about ten minutes, and the only skills needed are basic measuring and cutting. Just cut pieces to the shape and size of your keys, and stick them on. Easy! The blog manifanfan.com has a pretty cute combination of tape patterns that also provides a clear photo of the end result.

photo credit manifanfan.com

Washi tape can also be used to decorate almost any other object from an iPhone case to a mason jar, so get creative!

photocredit http://thinkcrafts.com/blog/2012/09/03/washi-tape-jar/