Celena (’17) & Emily (’18)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Year

Celena: Senior

Emily: Junior

Major

C: Marketing

E: Psychology

Hometown:

C: Winchester, VA

E: Gainesville, VA

If you could describe yourself in 3 words what would it be?

C: Creative, curious and ambitious. I want to learn and experience as many things as I can in my life.

E: Energetic, outgoing and motivated! I’m pretty sure all of my friends can agree with the first two!

What made you want to become a PINK Rep?

C: I saw it as an amazing opportunity. I love the PINK brand, how relatable it is and how much it embodies the college experience. I really wanted to have the chance to promote that throughout JMU and encourage other girls to join in on the fun!

E: I have loved PINK since middle school and the opportunity to instill that same passion in other girls made me want to become a PINK rep. I also really wanted JMU to get a PINK Collegiate Collection line, and being a rep was one way for me to push to make sure that happened.   

Tell us about training camp. What was that experience like?

C: It was so fun, as well as enlightening. Columbus, Ohio is so much more interesting and beautiful than I had thought. They definitely spoiled us, but we were able to hear some amazing insight from PINK’s CEO and speak to the teams and employees behind PINK’s marketing, design, merchandising and all the other integral parts that make it amazing!

E: Brand Certification was absolutely incredible. PINK paid for our airfare, hotel stay and food for three days. Not to mention we got a PINK shopping spree and party! We learned SO much in such short amount of time, and got to know some incredible girls from all over the US. We even got to meet PINK model Rachel Hilbert at a PINK store in Ohio! I would put that trip down as one of the top five in my life thus far.

If you could meet any one of the VS Angels, who would it be and why?

C: Sara Sampaio. She’s ridiculously beautiful and recently starred in one of Nick Jonas’s videos. Maybe she could get me his digits…

E: I would love to meet Elsa Hosk. Although she is a new Angel, she is so inspiring and gorgeous. She started as a PINK model and worked her way up to a Victoria’s Secret Angel, absolutely CRUSHING all of the VS Fashion Shows. To be really honest, I would love to meet any of them.

What is your favorite JMU experience?

C: JMU Halloweens are unbeatable. I love how we make it a week long event and take out all the stops. Everyone comes together and no one is afraid to make a fool of themselves with a crazy costume.

E: My favorite JMU experience would have to be College GameDay last year. The energy on campus was sooooo contagious and I think it finally put JMU on the map to a lot of people who didn’t even know we existed out here in Harrisonburg. My roommates and I attended all of the events that weekend and even slept on the Quad! My back may have hated me the next day, but the memories will last me a lifetime.

It’s a late Friday night and you get home from a party. What is your go to food order?

C: MEAT LOVERS PIZZAS (yes plural). It has become a bit of a tradition with my friends to down a couple pizzas after a long night!

E: Mmmmmmm, a Turkey Tom from Jimmy John’s. Honestly, nothing beats the warm bread, especially when you love carbs as much as I do. I might have to go order one now….

What are you excited for about this year now that you’re a PINK Rep?

C: I’m excited that JMU has a collegiate collection and I’m ready to share it with everyone. Being a PINK rep is so rewarding and I’m pumped to think of some cheeky and creative ways to promote the brand!

E: I am so so so excited to promote the new JMU PINK Collegiate Collection! It’s available in the Valley Mall PINK Store and online, not to mention it is incredibly adorable. I love seeing girls get so excited to see all of the new feminine JMU stuff, compared to what was previously available. PINK has so many fun events planned for us to execute, and I can only hope that Celena and I are able to get girls just as excited as we are! Make sure to follow us on Instagram Twitter, and Snapchat: @JMUPINK

Join Emily, Celina and the Her Campus Team on Wednesday, October 5 at 8pm at UREC for a cardio dance party group exercise class! We will be promoting PINK’s new active line. Come and take pics, work out and have a chance to win some fabulous freebies!

Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.
Rachel graduated from the Honors College at James Madison University in May 2017 and is pursuing a career in the media/PR industry. She majored in Media Arts & Design with a concentration in journalism and minored in Spanish and Creative Writing. She loves spending time with friends and family, traveling, and going to the beach.