Alexis Frye ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Name: Alexis Frye (Javay)  

Year: Junior

Majors: School of Media Arts and Design (SMAD) /Hospitality Management

Minors: Creative Writing/General Business

Hometown: Waldorf, MD

Relationship Status: Extremely Single

What clubs or organizations are you involved with at JMU?  

I am part of Student Ambassadors and PAWs. I was also both a FROG and an OPA for JMU. I am a general manager at Campus Cookies JMU and a student assistant web manager for the alumni association.

Which club or organization has made you grow more as a person?  

Being a part of orientation as a FROG and OPA made me grow so much more as a person, both emotionally, and mentally. I found myself and the women I want to be.

What is your favorite thing about being involved at JMU?  

My favorite thing about being involved at JMU is that no matter what organization you are in,  you are giving back to the university or community in some way.

What do you like to do on your down time?

I like to watch t.v. when I have down time from my busy schedule. I also enjoy reading and writing screenplays/short stories to help me out with my future career goals and dreams.

What are your career goals?

My career goal is to be a screenplay writer but also an event planner. As an event planner I want to plan events such as award ceremonies and movie premieres. That would be the dream!

Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.