9 Reasons Why Pets Are Better Than BFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

1. It takes time and energy to properly care for a pet…

…but not nearly as much time and energy as it takes to care for those needy boys.

2. You can match your pet to your lifestyle. One who understands your laziness or epic fails from time to time.

3. Your pet will actually motivate you to workout.

….and workout with you, rather than just talking to their bros in the weight room.

4. Pets help you to be in touch with your creative side.

5. They won’t complain about what you feed them.

6. Your pet will most likely play nicely with others…

….unlike your jealous BF.

7. Your pet won’t booty call you during your “study time”. AKA Netflix.

8. You can play dress up with your pet and they won’t complain.

9. Last, but not least, you can cuddle with your pet anytime of any day with no exceptions. 

Have you ever thought "Am I the only one who..."? I'm sure you have, and I promise you're not. Live the life you love. I don't take things too seriously, because life is too short to be so obsessed with what everyone thinks of me. I became a writer so I could say what everyone else is thinking. I believe that treating others the way you want to be treated means you will never have to regret a decision you make. I make mistakes, but that's what makes great articles!
I am a junior at JMU studying Media Arts & Design- Corporate Communication. I am a member of Phi Mu Fraternity in addition to Her Campus! I was born in Troy, OH and grew up in both Kings Mountain, NC and Richmond, VA. I am the oldest child, the only blonde in my immediate family, and the only one who has 20/20 vision.