7 Signs You’re Going Through Thanksgiving Break Withdrawal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Going home for Thanksgiving was a much needed break after twelve long weeks of tests, papers and speeches. Getting to kick back and relax while eating platefuls of potatoes was undoubtedly a dream come true. But as bags were packed and the traffic-filled trek was made back to school, a case of post-Thanksgiving blues started catching. If you’ve been missing turkey day more than usual, here are 7 signs that you’re going through Thanksgiving break withdrawal.

1. You don’t want to eat anything unless the main ingredients are turkey, stuffing and mashed potatoes.

2. Every time you hear someone counting down the minutes until class ends, you think they’re counting down the seconds until Netflix plays the next episode.

3. When you ask your mom if she’s washed all the dirty laundry you brought home she says, “Honey, that was a week ago.”

4. When your roommates ask if you’re planning on going to class you think they mean the optional Sunday morning Zumba class your mom dragged you to while you were home.

5. You keep wondering why your house key doesn’t fit in the JAC Card slot outside of your dorm.

6. All of your teachers keep talking about finals but all you can think about is how good that final plate of Thanksgiving dinner was.

7. And, as November turns to December, you’re already counting down the days until winter break starts.

Writer of words and animal sweater enthusiast.Twitter- @SydneyEsThierInstagram- @sydney_esther
Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.