It's almost that time of year. I can taste the salty breeze, the fresh lemonade and the juicy watermelon. The school year is comin’ to a halt and summer is rollin’ in fast. Some may begin to wonder what they're going to do with their free time. Well here is a small list of ideas that will help you start planning ahead!
- Cook out with your friends. What better way to bring old friends together than with summertime food and drinks?! Catch up with your friends and soak up the sun poolside. Or have a bonfire at night! Either way, catching up is always the best.
- Take a trip to the beach. Go all-in with your friends and rent a beach house for the week. A great vacation spot is Outer Banks, NC or Myrtle Beach. After a stressful year at school, there’s no better way to relax than sitting on the beach with your best friends.
- Go to a country concert. I can sum these up in five words: most fun you’ll ever have! Check out the summer event schedule now and get tickets early! If you’re a country girl, rock them boots and a cute summer dress and you’re guaranteed to have a fantastic time. Even if you don’t like country, trust me, you’ll still have fun.
- Shop ‘til you drop. At least for me, I don’t think the shopping in Harrisonburg is up to par. Go on a trip to the outlet malls. Spend that money you’ve been waiting to spend. If you’re working this summer, save some for cute boutiques! New clothes always cheer me up!
- Plan a big vacay. Been waiting to go to Vegas? Planning a trip to Europe? Summertime is the best time to go all out and plan one of the best trips you’ll ever take - especially if it’s after graduating!
These are just a few options to explore while you’re at your home away from home (JMU). If you’re graduating, try to fit some of these in your schedule before heading out into the real world. Enjoy your summer collegiettes! Time goes too fast to not take advantage.