5 Must Try UREC Group Fitness Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Looking for a way to relieve midterm stress or want try a new workout? UREC group fitness classes are a great way to get your body moving, take time for yourself, and have a great workout. The instructors are fun, challenging, and always make the classes worth it. So, here are my picks for must take UREC group fitness classes…

1. 20/20/20

I like a lot of variety in my workout which is why I love 20/20/20. It consists of two different 20-minute cardio workouts followed by a 20-minute strength workout, which gives you a full body workout in just an hour. I always find that the instructors make class fun and challenging which is why I keep coming back!

2. Step

As a former cheerleader myself, I love that step is a choreography based cardio class. It’s fun to try new moves and learn the routines as class goes along. The instructors are always upbeat and get your heart rate up, while making the routines easy to follow.  

3. Body Sculpt

If you’re looking to tone your muscles and work everything from your legs to your arms and abs, this class is for you. I love the slow pace of this class, how it allows me to target each of my muscles, and leaves me feeling sore every time.

4. Step and Sculpt

As a lover of both step and body sculpt, this class in the best of both worlds. The workout combines the two classes into one, with 30-minutes of step followed by 30-minutes of sculpt which gives my body a complete workout. I always feel great after!

5. Cycle Fitness

Every time I take a cycle class I leave drenched in sweat. The instructors guide the workout so that you get your heart rate up and work your muscles as you pedal along to popular songs.

Hello, it's me. Edel (pronounced like the singer), was previously Assistant Social Editor, Video for Her Campus Media. She graduated in May 2018  from James Madison University in with a double major in Media Arts and Design and Communications Studies. Before joining the HC girl gang full-time she was the Campus Correspondent for the JMU Her Campus Chapter. She's an avid social media user, food enthusiast, and shopping extraordinaire. You can catch her taking a coffee break or binge-watching romantic comedies on Netflix.