4 Ways to “De-stuff” from Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Now that Thanksgiving is over and you’ve eaten your fair share (OK, maybe like a year’s worth) of pumpkin pie, stuffing and sweet potato casserole, you feel more stuffed than the turkey. But with formals (not to mention form-fitting dresses) and another wonderful holiday feast coming up, it may be hard to think about staying healthy when we just gobbled ’til we wobbled. Here are some easy ways to “de-stuff”!

1. Take the Bus: Public transportation is always encouraged, and with the parking situation at JMU, sometimes we have no other option. This gives you the opportunity to get a little more walking in around campus. It’s getting cold out, so don’t forget a chunky scarf!

2. Take a Yoga Class: Not only is yoga super stress-relieving, but what better time to take a class than right before finals? Take some time to not only benefit your mental health, but also your physical health. Going with friends is even better!

3. Run/Walk Kappa Alpha Theta’s First Annual Superhero 5K: Grab some friends, dress up like superheroes and support a great cause! All proceeds go directly to Court Appointed Special Advocates, which is an organization that provides volunteer court representatives for abused children. Check out their Facebook page for more information!

4. Squeeze in a Hike Before Winter Break! Even though the peak of beautiful fall colors on the trees has passed, the Shenandoah Valley is still full of gorgeous views.  We have experienced some beautiful weather the past few weekends, so enjoy it while you can and explore the beautiful mountains!