With graduation just around the corner, many of you seniors are frantically wondering how to make your mark on JMU and receive your diploma knowing that you have taken part in all of the great traditions Madison has to offer. There’s just one problem though – you have no desire to step foot into the possibly radioactive waters of Newman lake and you’d rather not get arrested for indecent exposure on the quad just months before you’re supposed to find a big girl job. To help you in feeling like a true Duke Dog, we’ve provided a list of (appropriate) things to do before you graduate that won’t leave you embarrassed or hung over in a jail cell! The best part? We’re sure you can do most of these within the next few weeks!
1. Take a picture with all of the James Madison statues on campus. (Including the JMaddy Girl!)
2. Get a Dart or Pat published in The Breeze.
3. Stargaze on the Quad, bonus if it’s on the kissing rock!
4. Go swimming at Blue Hole.
5. Hike Reddish Knob or Skyline Drive.
6. Picnic in the Arboretum.
7. Go to the Green Valley Book Fair
8. Run a 5K for one of JMU’s many organizations
9. Eat at every restaurant in downtown Harrisonburg (after that 5K, of course!)
10. Write a letter to the professor that has had the most impact on your college career.
11. Visit your freshmen year dorm and share your senior wisdom with the first years now living there.
12. Decorate your cap in the craziest way possible, and make sure to get a picture!
BONUS: Take pictures while you do ALL of these and turn them into an adorable keepsake photo book or collage! Who says you have to get charged with breaking and entering in order to have the Madison experience?