10 Signs You Were So Over Winter Break And Ready To Be Back At JMaddy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JMU chapter.

Thanksgiving break was such a tease that we could hardly contain our excitement to be home for an entire month. Yes, an entire month of zero class work and zero effort to actually make it on time to those dreadful 8 a.m. classes.  It was the long-awaited, sweet vacation that called for nothing more than relaxation. The first two weeks were exactly how you’d expect them to be, but that soon began to blur as you realized you were having epic JMU withdrawals and knew you had go back. #JMineedU #JMimissU #JMwhereareU Here are the 10 signs we all experienced as we awaited our return back to the “Promised Land.”

1. You love your moms cooking, but were really craving some E-Hall brunch. They just have the best waffles.

2. You didn’t have Benny’s down the street for a whole month and thought you had forgotten what it was like to savor on one of their outrageously large slices of pizza.

3. You actually started getting annoyed after sleeping in so much because what fun is life without having to set ten alarms before actually getting up?

4. You used Yik Yak less frequently because people in your hometown just arent as funny as those in the ‘Burg.

5. You haven’t instagrammed a picture of the quad in over four weeks.

6. You promised yourself you’d get back in shape, but nothing compares to UREC (because it’s free). So why even go?

7. You forgot what it was like to walk among other fellow Dukes.

8. You realized your on-campus job is way better than the seasonal one you picked at the mall.

9. You actually missed your annoying roommate(s).

10. All you could think about was how determined you were to make the second semester your b****.

Aleixka has a B.A. in Media Arts and Design and a minor in Spanish from James Madison University. She loves all things books, traveling, food, and photography.