freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks r oV6smBBYk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Top 7 Ways to Fall in Love this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

A faraway pumpkin scent fills your nose. Patches of reddish colored leaves crackle underneath your brown combat boots. A scarf bundled around your neck keeps you warm from a crisp autumn breeze.

The sweaters are on. The jackets are out. Fall is in the air.

For most Hopkins students, autumn is the “forgotten season” amidst constant midterm studying and finals preparation.

But for romantics (like myself), autumn lends itself as the perfect season for falling in love. Here are some tips to fall in love.

1. Autumn season is synonymous with apple picking and corn mazes. Cozy up to that special someone on a tractor hayride through the red, orange, and yellow foliage of fall.
  2. Give your crush an excuse to come up closely behind you and help carve that Hoptoberfest pumpkin into an illuminated jack-o’-lantern!
  3. Autumn weather is perfect for a brisk night walk around campus. (You know, those walks when you exaggerate your chilliness so that your crush romantically offers you his jacket).  
  4. There is simply no other season that allows you to dress up in a super cute (hopefully not too revealing) Halloween costume in order to impress that guy from your calculus class.
  5. What other time lends itself to an endless array of scary movies to watch (and hide under a blanket) with that special someone?
  6. Go with your crush to a JHU football game and cheer on your fellow Blue Jays! Fall football games are a great opportunity to share hot cocoa and cuddle up on the bleachers.
  7. Fall means pumpkin spice latte season. Have a cozy coffee date with your crush in Levering, or talk over a crackling fire with hot apple cider.

Regardless of what you choose to do, harvest these moments, embrace this autumnal freshness, and let yourself fall in love this fall.

Megan DiTrolio is a writing seminars major at Johns Hopkins University.