This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

1. Beach Swag

Finally, it’s time to go to a beach. Like, a beach beach. With sand. And ocean waves. And some good ol’ Vitamin D. Not the grassy hill we all worship ritualistically as soon as it hits 60 degrees. Now, first and foremost, pack some sunscreen. As sexy as your legs look tan, your future self will thank you when you don’t have wrinkles at 27. Or skin cancer.

Next up is a cute and comfy bathing suit – one that makes you feel confident but will stay on if you decide to cannon ball in the pool. Underwater nip slips are just as uncomfortable as those on land. A pair of sunglasses is always a cute accessory, but serve a dual purpose of also protecting your eyes from dangerous UV and gamma rays. We spend enough time butchering our eyesight while studying on our laptops in Brody. Now that we’re out of the winter tundra, you can kick off those boots and slap on a fun pair of flip flops! (Please ignore the feet imprints on mine.) Finally, bring a tote bag with you. It’s big enough to fit all the essentials: a good book, a towel, your wallet and keys, a selfie stick, Cheetos, etc.

[bikini – Wet Seal, flip flops – J. Crew, tote – Pi Phi spirit wear,  sunscreen – courtesy of Spring Fair]

2. Date Swag

*~ Summer lovin, happened so fast ~* So, you scored yourself a date. Here’s a virtual high five! But what are you going to wear? I don’t know about you all, but hot weather makes me sweat like I just ran a marathon, even when I’m sitting in the shade. Pit stains are the last thing you want to be worrying about when tryna get lovey-dovey. I bring you… the sleeveless top. Paired with a flowly skirt and some walkable sandals, you’re going to look cool and feel cool. Like, temperature wise. Accessorize as necessary but I prefer to keep it simple. Too much jewelry can weigh you down and just feel uncomfortable in the heat. One of my tricks is to bring a larger bag so you can stash emergency water bottles, deodorant, and what have you.

[sandals – Footsmart, bag and top – Wet Seal, sunglasses and necklace – Francessca’s, skirt – tag MIA so just gonna guess Forever 21]

3. Family Barbeque Swag

It’s the 4th of July and you’re headed to your grandparents for the annual Brown or Smith or Johnson or what’s-your-face family dinner. If your relatives are like mine, then reunions are a place of passive-aggressive questions about school, relationships, and childhood slip ups. You want to walk in confident, with your head held high. Maxi dresses are perfect for such an occasion. Even more plain ones can be dolled up with some jewelry to look fresh and fancy. ‘Tis the season for bright colors! Wear neutral necklaces and sunglasses and use your purse as an accent. You can’t go wrong with your pallet choice either. Pink and green, yellow and purple, mustard and ketchup, you name it.

[sunglasses, necklace, and dress – Forever 21, purse – Charming Charlie]

4. Concert Swag

While I can’t give fashion advice for Coachella visitors as I’m pretty sure they have a secret society that dictates what everyone should wear each year, if you’ve got tickets for Nelly and are wondering what to wear, then mayhaps I can help. Take advantage of outdoor concerts to wear something more comfortable and laid back. Crop tops are in but for those who like to keep their belly buttons to themselves, go with one that has tassels or a flowy tank. And now that you’re finally rocking a tan, you can slap on a pair of white shorts! The fabric will really compliment time spent under the sun. Next is a pair of cute but comfy shoes. You’re gonna be dancing or running around with selfie sticks. Finally, bring a bag. Even if you don’t need anything, you might see some trinkets you want to buy for memory lane.

[shirt – Wet Seal, shorts – Old Navy, shoes – Footsmart, bag – Romwe.com, sunglasses – Forever 21]

5. Daily Swag

Whether it’s a trip to the mall or lunch with your crew, you can look J. Crew chic on a college student budget. It’s shorts weather, but taste the rainbow. I’ve found the brighter the color, the tanner your legs look. Pair them with a neutral top and statement necklaces for a put-together, I’m-a-budding-adult look. Open-sided flats will keep your feet cool and pro-freshional. Stick to the color scheme of your bottoms. Finally, accessorize as need be. Sometimes, your back pocket is enough space to stuff your phone and money. Other days, you need a cross body so your butt doesn’t have weird square shaped bulges. It’s Summer. You finally don’t have to lug your laptop, textbooks, notes, journals, 5-hour energy, and pillow with you wherever you go. Take it easy. Leave behind anything you don’t need and just enjoy yourself.

[top – Forever 21, purse and necklace – H&M, shorts – Old Navy, shoes – Francesca’s, sunglasses – Spring Fair giveaway]

Megan DiTrolio is a writing seminars major at Johns Hopkins University.