SOPi President Ivy Wang, ‘16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

SOPi President Ivy Wang, ‘16

1. Name: Ivy Wang

2. Major, Year: Biomedical Engineering, 2016

3. Hometown: Shenzhen, China

4. Affiliated with: Sigma Omicron Pi Asian American sorority

5. You can probably find me… in the design studio in Clark Hall or in Brody Reading Room

6. The best thing about Hopkins is… the diverse student body: people come from different social backgrounds and have different talents

7. Something I’m especially proud of is… being a big sis to two little sisters and one little bro, being SOPi president and my design project

8. Something most people don’t know about me is… I love watching American animated sitcoms

9. This year, I hope to… enjoy my last year as a Hopkins undergrad and get ready for grad school

10. In five years, I will hopefully be… almost a Ph.D. in BME!

11. Next up for me is… graduate school, continuing my research in cardiovascular biology

12. What being part of a sorority means to me: To have a family away from home, to learn from the older sisters and to be a role model for the younger ones, and to rely on my sisters and be relied on.

13. My hopes and goals for the future of SOPi include… expanding our chapter presence on campus, becoming more involved in the multicultural Greek life community as well as the bigger Hopkins community. Also, crossing a new class in the spring and continuing our traditions to pass on the values of unity, friendship, leadership and service

Jessica Kim Cohen is an undergraduate newspaper and magazine reporter at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md. Check out her writing outside of Her Campus JHU on Twitter: @JessicaKimCohen.
Megan DiTrolio is a writing seminars major at Johns Hopkins University.