Selena Guerrero-Martin ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

You might have seen her at the gym putting others to shame with her mad swimming skills or cheering on the Ravens decked out in purple. Either way, you’d definitely notice her. Not only is she a campus cutie, but she’s also the life of the party and has an infectious smile and laugh. Selena is guaranteed to brighten anyone’s day—and look good doing it! If you fancy Selena as a campus cutie read below and get to know her a little bit better.

Name: Selena Guerrero-Martin      

Year: Junior

Major: Molecular and Cellular Biology

Hometown: Baltimore, MD

Campus Activities: Varsity swim team, Philanthropy Chair for Kappa Kappa Gamma, Tutorial Project, and Relay for Life committee member.

What is a unique fact about you? I can make a really realistic elephant noise.

“It’s actually so realistic.” (Nina Henage)

What is something you would tell pre-Freshmen year you? It’s ok for things to not go exactly how you planned them.

Where do you see yourself in ten years? In a job that I love, in a place that I love, surrounded by the people that I love.

What has been your most rewarding Hopkins experience? Tutoring the kids in Tutorial Project. It takes a lot of patience but it’s really rewarding watching the kids grow to love learning.

“Selena is the type of person who emits sunshine.” (Jenna Leser)

Cutest pick-up line you’ve ever heard: “Excuse me, I suffer from restless heart syndrome. The only thing that can cure it is the kiss from a beautiful woman. Can you help me?”

Weirdest thing a guy has ever said to you: “I want a girl that will be a sl*t when we go out” oh the classiness of Tinder.

“Do whatever makes you happy. And that’s nachos.” (Sarah Azody quoting Selena)

Celebrity Crush: Rob Evans

Best date you’ve ever been on:  A guy from Tinder told me that he would fly me out to San Diego if I wanted. Not with him or because he was there, just because I wanted to go… too bad that one didn’t happen because that would have been pretty awesome.

Things you look for in a significant other: Honesty, intelligence, humor, and ambition.

Pet peeves: When people don’t think before they speak or act.

Favorite Quote? “Beginning today, treat everyone you meet as if they were going to be dead by midnight. Extend them all the care, kindness and understanding you can muster, and do it with no thought of any reward. Your life will never be the same again” — Og Mandino