Roxanna Nokes, President of Alpha Phi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

1. Name: Roxanna Nokes

2. Major, Year: Public Health, Class of 2017

3. Hometown: Troy, Alabama

4. Affiliated with: Alpha Phi, Students Consulting for Nonprofit Organizations

5. You can probably find me…on A level pretending to be productive…

6. The best thing about Hopkins is…being surrounded by likeminded people (and also Spring Fair!)

7. Something I’m especially proud of is…that I can eat an entire box of Cinnamon Toast Crunch in one sitting.

8. Something most people don’t know about me is…that I was casted as an extra on House of Cards Season 4 while they were filming in Baltimore this past summer!

9. This year, I hope to…spend less time on social media and more time outdoors!

10. In five years, I will be…(hopefully) happily employed, ideally somewhere on the West coast! 

11. Next up for me is…Ultra Music Festival for Spring Break!

12. What being part of a sorority means to me is…finding that group of girls that have truly made Hopkins my home. Because I joined a sorority, I’ve grown both personally and professionally in ways that I never would have otherwise. Without Alpha Phi, I certainly wouldn’t be the person I am today!

13. My hopes and goals for the future of Alpha Phi include…fostering a happy, healthy chapter with a love for supporting each other, the Alpha Phi Foundation, the Greek community, the Hopkins community, and the Baltimore community as a whole!

Megan DiTrolio is a writing seminars major at Johns Hopkins University.