Style > Beauty

10 Favorite Non-Drugstore Beauty Products Pt. 2

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JHU chapter.

Hello again! Following up last week’s post with 5 more of my favorite products. These make great holiday gifts for anyone. Finals period can be stressful but don’t forget the silver lining: holiday beauty boxes & discounts! Treat yo self because you made it to the end of the semester, you hard-working glamorous human.

1. Tarte Shape Tape Contour Concealer ($24.00): This concealer is the bomb-diggity if I do say so myself. I’ve never used such a full coverage concealer. It can cover any blemish I have and really brightens up under my eyes without having creases. It’s definitely more full coverage so I wouldn’t use this for a natural look per se. Needless to say I’ve been using it non stop for the past semester and I would definitely recommend to anyone needing a new concealer!
  2. Benefit Roller Lash Mascara ($24.00, mini version is $12): This mascara is also just an all around great product. It makes my eyelashes look long and luscious. Its also great because it doesn’t flake or run during the day but it is still not fully waterproof, so it is easy to remove at the end of the day. I wear it everyday and think everyone should try it out as its definitely worth the price tag!
  3. Too Faced Love Flush Blush ($26.00) One reason I love these blushes is that they come in a really cute heart shaped compact. But they also are super long lasting and apply really nicely without being too bright. They come in a great range of colors too so if you don’t know the difference between most blushes like me, choose this cute heart-shaped one.
  4. Too Faced Born this Way Foundation ($39.00) I just started using this foundation because I heard it was a popular full coverage foundation and I wanted to try a non-drugstore one. I think the price is reasonable compared to a lot of other high end foundations which can even range up to $60 (wallet shrinks). I’ve definitely enjoyed it and think it lives up to its reputation of full coverage which I definitely like in a foundation. The finish is semi-matte on my skin which I like because it prevents me from being too oily. I would moisturize before with a hydrating primer for sure to prevent it from sticking to dry patches on your skin (brought about by this frigid AF weather).
  5. Sephora Cream Lip Stains ($14.00) Ok so I had had to put another lip product because lip stuff is my favorite shit. But these are a really great value!! All other comparable lip products range to be from like $18 to $20-something so these are significantly cheaper. Even though the Sephora brand products aren’t as popular this is definitely one of the best lip stain formulas that I have tried and they last all day and have a great range of colors!