Roommate Closet Raid

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

All three of my roommates are Fashion Merchandising majors just like me.  I love seeing the outfits they come up with every day and living with them inspires me to push the limits of my own style.  I decided to find out which item from my closet they would steal if they could, and vice versa.

Rose’s style is very posh.  She likes high-end brands and believes in spending more money on quality items that are more likely to last a lifetime.  If I could steal one item from Rose’s wardrobe, it would be these black Zara pants with the ruffled pant legs.  They add such a fun twist to the plain black pant and would be good for an interview or a night out.  Rose chose this black Asos sweater dress as the item she would steal from me.  Rose and I have very different styles, and although we appreciate what the other wears, we tend not to overlap very much.  This dress is one of the few things I have that really fits Rose’s aesthetic.  All of these pictures were taken at New York Fashion Week Fall 2016.

Nika has a very edgy style.  She loves black, but also likes to add pops of color, usually in autumnal tones.  When I saw these TJ Maxx boots she got recently, I fell in love.  The embroidery trend is so in right now and I love the way it’s done on these.  They’re a great fall boot and she’ll get a lot of wear out of them.  I would definitely steal these if I could.  Fitting with the shoe theme, Nika chose these gray pointed Steve Madden lace ups of mine.  I got them for my 19th birthday and I’ve worn them so much since then.  Although they’re looking a little worse for wear now, they’ve held up really well.  The heel is chunky and about two inches in height, which is perfect for me for everyday wear.

If I could describe Ashley’s style one way it would be a mix of street wear and business casual.  Kind of a weird combination, I know, but she makes it work so well.  She is definitely an Urban Outfitters girl.  The dress I chose of hers is from Urban, of course, and it’s so adorable.  When I first saw it in her closet I was really attracted to the sleeves, and it looks even better on her.  She picked my denim jacket as her favorite item of mine.  I have customized it with patches and pins over the years so it is really unique.

I am a sophomore Fashion Merchandising major from the eastern shore of Maryland. My interests include books, fashion, music, and movies.