HC’s Favorite Classes and Professors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Carly: My favorite class was definitely my fashion illustration class. Being a fashion design major, it’s crucial to be able to put your ideas on paper in a clear and concise way. When I first entered the class, I could barely draw a stick figure, let alone an entire illustration. By the end, I learned so much from my professor about rendering fabrics and capturing how the garments drape on the figure. This was a class I always looked forward to and miss so much!

Cora: Being a business major, accounting is a course I have to take, not one, but two times and was really not looking forward to taking. However, my first semester I was fortunate enough to be placed in Professor Solano’s Financial Accounting class. This class was my 9 am, which was pretty difficult to wake up and stay awake for. Quickly, I came to realize there was no way I couldn’t stay awake. Professor Solano has a great teaching method where he combines stories with his lessons, and these stories are one’s you will have a hard time forgetting. It’s next to impossible to do horribly in his classes if you pay attention and participate. If you have to or want to take an accounting class I’d recommend taking one with Professor Solano, he is without a doubt one of the best professor’s here at Philadelphia University.

Anna: My favorite class was my New York Immersion class I took this past Fall. Myself, 3 other Fashion Merchandising students, and 2 Fashion Design students were assigned the task of coming up with a concept, designing products, and making a marketing campaign for an outerwear line for the brand C Wonder. It really pushed our creative skills and energy but I was so proud of our end result and so happy to have to opportunity to collaborate with designers. The professors, Katie, Sheila, and Nioka were so helpful and encouraging to us throughout our design process. It was also so wonderful to have the opportunity to travel to New York every other Friday, whether it was for presentations with C Wonder or meeting with other companies to learn more about the industry.

Jacqueline: There are a lot of great professors here at Philadelphia University, but one of my favorite professors I’ve interacted with is Dr. Fuller. She teaches Chem 103, Chem 104, and a couple higher up classes. She received her PH.D. in Civil and Environmental Engineering from the University of Virginia. Besides being brilliant, Dr. Fuller is the funniest and most eccentric professor and teacher I have ever had. She is very excited about her work and sharing her knowledge with students, and she does it in such a fun and easy going way that students can’t help but learn the material. Her personality is contagious and she has so many analogies and stories that will have you laughing until you cry, but also understanding the material.

The jefferson team is welcoming, fun, and loving!