This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Design X is a university run fashion show that happens once every year.  The past two have taken place during the Fall semester so as not to compete with Jefferson’s annual fashion show in the Spring.  It is a fun event focusing on garments made by fashion design students in the Problem Solving class they take their junior year.  The designers are prohibited from using much fabric. Instead they must use other items, which makes for some very unique and creative garments.  After the course is completed, designers submit their looks to be approved for the show.  It is run by the club Fashion Industries Association, who also puts on the annual spring show.  Fashion Merchandising, Fashion Design and Textile Design students work together every year to make sure the show runs smoothly, as many of the garments are delicate and difficult to put on. 

I walked in the show this year as well as my freshmen year.  This year, I wore a piece by our Features editor Carly Brisach.  She had two pieces in the show.  The one I wore was two pieces, a leotard and pants set.  It was inspired by drawings her grandmother did.  The shoes I wore she already owned, and they went with it perfectly.  Luckily, they were also comfortable and easy to walk in ,so I didn’t make a fool of myself on the runway.  The other piece she designed was inspired by the painting “Pink Cyclaman.”

Jay McCarroll, designer and winner of season one of Project Runway, emceed the show.  It was very well attended.  Overall, it is a really fun event that I look forward to each year.  It brings the fashion students together for a high energy, high creativity show.  Profiles editor Kellyn Kemmerer also modeled and did a great job.  I highly recommend checking it out next year and supporting all of our talented designers.

I am a sophomore Fashion Merchandising major from the eastern shore of Maryland. My interests include books, fashion, music, and movies.