Profile of the Week: Roserita DiMillo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Name: Roserita DiMillo

Year: Junior

Major: Human Resource Management

Hometown: Lockport, NY

What made you decide to come to JCU?

The amazing people! Carroll students are special, so kind and welcoming!

What is your favorite thing about John Carroll?

The options to do service on so many different sites regarding so many unique topics.

Do you have a favorite spot on campus? If so, what is it?

I love the picnic table next to the fountain of St Ignatius. It’s an awesome spot to join friends or meet new people!

What are you involved in on campus?

I’m President of TBTN, work as a Tour Guide and for CSSA, and do weekly service!

What inspired you to get involved with Take Back the Night?

As a freshman, I was friends with the two girls who were Co-Presidents at that time. They were so powerful and passionate, and amazing people to look up to. They were the ones to get me involved initially, and I’ve grown more passionate ever since!

How can JCU students take the initiative to be more aware about the issues pertaining to sexual assault?

By simply talking about it! I think the hardest step is to get past the “uncomfortable-ness” of this topic. When we realize that this is okay- and GOOD- to talk about with others, we can spread solutions and awareness!

What are your hopes for the future of Take Back the Night?

My only hope is that it continues to impact others. Whether that be bringing comfort to a survivor or confidence to act to a bystander, that is the goal!