Meet Jules Burgoon!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

College mentor and intramural athlete, Jules Burgoon, brings more to JCU than her athletic skill. Continue reading to learn more about this fun and involved John Carroll student!

Name: Jules Burgoon

Year: Sophomore

Major: Integrated Marketing

Hometown: Grand Rapids, MI

1. What made you decide on an Integrated Marketing major?

I chose integrated marketing because it combines working with a lot of different people and being creative on a daily basis. Careers in IMC involves collaborating with a whole team and also being exposed to new companies or ideas.

1. I’ve heard you’ve played on a couple intramural teams. What is your favorite IM sport to play, and why?

I love playing recreational volleyball! Volleyball is so much fun because it is unpredictable, and not a sport where you are running constantly. I love getting a ton of friends together to make a team that plays once or twice a week. Playing IM sports is a great way to be active without having to go to the gym and it’s a nice break from academics!

1. What made you decide on John Carroll?

I originally chose to come to John Carroll because I wanted to play on the women’s lacrosse team. Once I decided not to play in college I realized I still loved the school! I liked the small campus and the idea of a close-knit community. Also, I wanted to be someplace new so the move from west Michigan to Ohio seemed like a good idea.

1. Do you think it’s too early to listen to Christmas music?

ABSOLUTELY. There is no reason to listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving! Let’s take one holiday at a time please, we all need to appreciate Thanksgiving and all the food! The minute Thanksgiving is over everyone can play “All I want For Christmas is You” or “Mistletoe” to their heart’s desire.

1. What’s your favorite thing about the holiday season?

My favorite thing about the holidays is being able to be home with my family. I wouldn’t want to spend the holiday season with anyone else but my family! I love all of the quality time I get to spend with my siblings and there is no better feeling than being home for Christmas and New Years.

1. Do you have any tips on studying for finals?

It may seem impossible not to do this sometimes but try your hardest not to cram for a final the night before. It’s super helpful to plan out a schedule for studying by day and time. Also, using colors and writing out information while studying has helped me in the past. As a lover of pens, I highly encourage people to color code their notes – it makes the studying process so much easier!!!

JCU Campus Correspondent