samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Check Out JCU’s Peer Mentor Program!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

John Carroll University has presented an incredible opportunity for those interested in looking for new ways to get involved on campus!

According to a recent post on Inside JCU, “The Soft Landings Peer Mentor Program assigns upper-class JCU students to new international freshmen, or mentees, for the purpose of helping the mentee make a smooth transition to campus. The peer mentor acts like an older sibling to the mentee, answering question and offering guidance on topics ranging from winter clothing needs to campus clubs. Each peer mentor is assigned three to four mentees.”

Not only does this opportunity give students a chance to help others in a “big brother” way, it is a position that pays its mentors! Similar to many of the jobs offered here at JCU, this position requires about seven hour each week: “five hours working with mentees, one hour attending a mentor meeting, and one hour completing check-in notes.”

If you want to learn more about the Peer Mentor Program, check out the listing on Inside JCU ASAP! This is a wonderful chance to meet more people, and others get acclimated into campus life. Think back to when you first started college; how would your experience be different if you had someone to help you through your transition?

For those that qualify, I wanted to highlight this program as a chance to get to know some of the new international students that will be coming into Carroll soon! Not only is it an incredible leadership position to highlight for future jobs and internships, it is also a way to promote diversity and inclusion on our campus, and make it a better place to study and grow for everyone. I urge everyone who is eligible to apply!

*Applications are due by Wednesday, February 22

*Email Megan McBride at mmcbride@jcu.edu with questions or for a more detailed job description.