This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jax State chapter.

Why do I pray? I pray because it is the only time I do not feel as if I have to put on a front and act as if I am okay. I pray because it allows me to release the frustration of the day’s work and give them over to the one I know can put my life at ease. I pray because it is what my mother taught me when I was a child. Her steps are how I became the prayer warrior I consider myself to be today. She taught me that if we used our hands it would help with our daily prayers. Beginning with the thumb; this is your closest finger so you pray for your family. Next is the pointer finger and it reminded to pray teachers and instructors. Our third finger is the tallest of them all so I pray for our government as well as our government officials. Our ring finger is the weakest notice it can’t stand on its own without bending slightly so I pray for the weak and the sick. Next is our pinky finger and it is the smallest although it may be little I pray for myself last. What people tend to forget is the palm and the palm is where it all connects and that stands for God’s unconditional love for us all.

Hannah Knight

Jax State '18

Georgia Native. Panhellenic President. Communications Major.