This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jax State chapter.

It’s a new year! I am welcoming 2018 with open arms, an open heart, and an open mind.

For the new year, typically everyone comes up with a New Year's resolution or goal that they set for themselves hoping that it is met by the end of the year. Usually I don’t partake in that, but after this past stressful semester in school, I want to start this new semester off right. Now, my grades weren’t awful, but they should've been a hell of a lot better. Since I allowed the stress and laziness to get to me, my grades suffered the consequences. It’s time for me to turn over a new leaf and get my life together.

I am declaring that for this semester:

1. I will properly schedule my study time and actually study. I usually find myself getting distracted easily, glancing over my notes and not really studying, or just simply getting bored and not caring anymore which is ridiculous, but hey that’s why I’m changing my ways.

2. Ask teachers and also peers questions or help. I have always had a problem with asking someone for help. I always felt like I could figure everything out alone and if I can’t do it by myself then it wasn’t meant for me to understand. I guess it’s a pride thing.

3. Don’t Stress! (Which is going to be the hardest for me.) This is a BIG thing for me. I tend to stress way too much and then eventually it starts affecting my health. Not to mention again that my grades begin to suffer from this as well.

I am determined to succeed this semester and continue for the rest of 2018!

Like most college students, our goal is to improve ourselves and our grades every semester.

Hannah Knight

Jax State '18

Georgia Native. Panhellenic President. Communications Major.