This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jax State chapter.

For a while I’ve been having strong thoughts and feelings that I didn’t how to explain, not even to myself, which is odd because I’m very good at telling people how I feel. Since my mom is so great at helping me make sense, I expressed to her how I was genuinely becoming concerned and anxious about my recent thoughts. Her response to me of course helped out a lot, but If I’m being honest I’m still stressing if I should act on my feelings or not. So after some serious pondering I’ve decided to act on it’s because it’s time. It’s time for New.

It’s Time for New friends. Now I know that may sound bad, that’s why I was so anxious before, but I mean no harm. I’m not going to get rid of my old ones that would be stupid considering they are a part of the reason why I am who I am today, I love them. New friends as in gaining some more. Granted It is very hard for me to call someone my friend because that bond is serious to me, but it’s time.

It’s time for New Experiences. Going to new places and gaining more knowledge about different things like cultures or a new way of living. To gain these experiences, I will be forced out of my comfort zone which is what I want. It’s not going to be easy for me, but It’s time.

I’m ready for New. I’m excited for New and most definitely anxious, but I know that it will be good for me. Wanting something new or different in your life is healthy and a sign of growth. Everyone gets this revelation on their own time and my time is now.

Hannah Knight

Jax State '18

Georgia Native. Panhellenic President. Communications Major.