etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What to do on Valentine’s Day When You’re Single as Told by Parks and Rec

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Alright, so you’re single and Valentine’s Day is quickly approaching. You’re probably starting to think about what you’re going to do since it seems like everyone you know is in a relationship. There’s no reason though to get all down in the dumps. Instead, embrace your singleness! Here are five things you can do this Valentine’s Day, Parks and Rec style:

1. Treat yo’ self : Whether you get your nails done or go on a shopping spree, it doesn’t matter. Make this Valentine’s day all about you! (Just don’t treat yo’ self too much and end up broke and single)

2. Have a Galentine’s Day : Forget guys! Grab all your girlfriends and go to brunch. (Bonus points if you get waffles)

3. Relax : Take a nap, do some yoga, get a massage, anything! Allow yourself to have some much needed “me” time. You deserve it!

4. Eat some ice cream : Because as we all know, ice cream makes everything better.

5. Enjoy it : Appreciate the fact that you don’t have to worry about buying a gift for your significant other. Being single saves you stress and money, a win-win!

All gifs courtesy of giphy.com

Kate is a senior Communications Media major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, taking long naps, eating ice cream with lots of sprinkles, photography, musicals, walking her dog, and listening to 60s/70s music.