The Top 8 New Year’s Resolutions that Fail

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

As you plan this year’s resolution, avoid the well-traveled road of impossible resolutions. Try to keep your resolution specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time-oriented (SMART). In other words, instead of saying you’d like to lose the Freshman 15, say that you’re going to do a total of 2,015 minutes of yoga or 2,015 miles of running by the end of the upcoming year.

Make sense? Because, although they are the most common, these resolutions sure don’t!

1.       Lose Weight

2.       Get Organized

3.       Spend less, Save more

4.       Enjoy Life to the Fullest

5.       Stay Fit and Healthy

6.       Learn Something Exciting

7.       Quit Smoking

8.       Fall in Love

After avoiding all these resolution pitfalls and creating your SMART plan, also keep in mind that it helps to tell your friends about your decision so that they can keep your accountable as well as celebrate each milestone with you on your year-round journey. Who doesn’t need an excuse for chocolate?

If the ultimate resolution still escapes you, check out this page for some fun ideas!

https://www.bulletproofexec.com/bulletproof-new-years-resolutions/

Victoria Stone is a Freshman at IUP majoring in middle level education with a specialty in social studies. When she is not studying or eating, she enjoys spending her time outdoors, doing yoga, or attempting the impossible crafts on Pinterest. This year, her New Year's resolution is to run a 5K.