Tessa Narins: Fashion Association

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

This week’s Profile is Tessa Narins, the secretary of the Fashion Association, and social chair for Phi Sigma Pi National Honor Fraternity. She is a senior, Fashion Merchandising Major, with double minors in marketing and journalism/public relations. She can be seen around campus organizing fashion shows with the Fashion Association, as well as fraternity events for Phi Sigma Pi.

She has been chosen as a Provost scholar, and been on Dean’s List, each semester, since fall 2012. She has a great sense of style, and a passion for the fashion industry. She has been an officer for the fashion association since her Sophomore year, where she served as the promotions officer. She holds the position of secretary, to which she was elected in spring 2014. She plans the annual formal for the association, maintains member communication, and is the editor of the association’s newsletter, which is posted in Ackerman and the organization alcove on the second floor. The newsletter is available for all who are interested in the organization in order to learn about upcoming events, current fashion trends, and recaps of past events. Over the years, she has also volunteered her time to make dresses for girls in Africa, for the organization called Little Dresses for Africa.

Tessa is actively involved in Phi Sigma Pi, as their current social chair, and as the spring 2014 initiate class Vice President. She plans the semester end formals, as well as all of the social events that take place throughout the semester for current brothers and alumni. Phi Sigma Pi is highly involved on campus, and Tessa is often seen working and participating in events with her fellow brothers. Phi Sigma Pi puts an emphasis on philanthropy, and won a national award for their “Light it Up Blue” week for Autism awareness which took place in spring 2015. They have also has been linked with campus efforts to benefit Teach for America, American Red Cross, and Heifer International.

Tessa is not only a dedicated to her academics; she is very kind, hardworking, outgoing, and friendly. She loves to help people, whether it is related to fashion, classes, planning events, or life in general.  She wants to pursue a future career in public relations, marketing, or fashion. She is a great friend and has a very busy schedule remaining for the rest of the semester.

Hi everyone! My name is Bonnie and I am a junior fashion merchandising major at IUP. My hobbies include watching scandal and gossip girl,eating popcorn, spending time in coffee shops,and going shopping at TJ Maxx.I love to write and talk about interesting topics.