This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is Taylor Marie, a communications major here at IUP. Taylor is involved with several organizations and activities on campus including BBLA, Urban Superior, WIUP-FM’s The Underground, and IUP Homecoming 2013.

She plans to leave her mark here at IUP by letting young adults who come from all different types of situations know it is possible to keep reaching for and working hard towards success. Taylor explains, “Believe in yourself. If people don’t laugh at your dreams, they aren’t big enough. Stay true to who you are and allow everyone to love you for that.”

She’s driven and loves learning and being introduced to new things. Taylor says, “I ask a million and one questions to understand. Very opened minded. I don’t believe in giving up on yourself.”

When it comes to her music, Taylor explains, “it is therapeutic, it’s an outlet. I never intended to one day have ‘fans’ and it’s still amazing that people want to hear my music. It’s inspiring.”

She gets her inspiration from people and real life situations. Being exposed to new experiences, beating the odds, and watching others grow inspires her. She adds, “my mother is my biggest inspiration. My family is my biggest inspiration.”

Taylor describes her dream job as one that allows her to be creative. She hopes to continue to do music and grow mentally, spiritually, and financially. IUP has a played a role in helping her reach these goals. She gives her thanks to IUP for “exposing me to diversity, introducing me to people I wouldn’t have the opportunity to meet. “

Don’t expect Taylor to stop anytime soon, as this talented musician tells HerCampusIUP, “I want to continue to grow and share my story the best way that I know how.”