An Open Letter to the Girl Who is Tired

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Sweetheart,

I know you’re tired. I know you’re physically and emotionally drained from always feeling like you have to keep everyone up. Feeling like you have to have everything together every second of the day. It’s okay to be tired. You’re allowed to fall apart. The people who love you will welcome your weary spirit with open arms, but you must let them.

I know it feels like no one knows how much you are hurting, and they don’t because you mask it so well. And that’s not fair. It’s not fair that you have to spell it out for people when you need them, but you always know when someone needs you. Forgive them. Forgive them for not seeing the exhaustion and how your smile doesn’t reach your eyes. Forgive them for assuming that you never need help because you stay on top of things even on your worst day. Forgive them for not remembering you’re only human.

More importantly, forgive yourself. Forgive yourself for not reaching your own expectations. Forgive yourself for feeling burnt out. I know it is hard to admit the pain and disappointment you are feeling towards yourself, but you must let it go. You are an amazing person and you will accomplish greatness, but you need to cut yourself the same slack you give everyone else.

I know it feels wonderful to have people acknowledge your hard work, but do not let that be the reason you push yourself beyond your breaking point. Tell people you’re tired, let them know that you’re having a rough day because I promise the people who truly care about you will lift you higher than ever before. Allow yourself to be tired and get the rest that you desperately need.

This feeling won’t last forever,

Someone that sees you

https://www.pexels.com/search/sad/

http://rebloggy.com/post/photography-black-and-white-sad-vintage-landsca…

Danielle Jones is from Jeannette, Pennsylvania--a small town with big pride. As an English, Writing major with a minor is Business Administration she loves words and truly believes in their power. She is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at IUP. In her free time, Danielle enjoys reading, writing, and all things Shonda Rhimes.