New Arrivals to Netflix In Spring 2016

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Even though it is cold and dreary outside, I have some excellent news for collegiettes. Netflix has announced the new arrivals to the online streaming website for television and movies. They are perfect for when you are snowed in your dorm room or apartment or just when the weather is icky.

Scooby- Doo (2002) and Scooby-Doo (Monsters Unleashed)

Two of your favorite childhood movies are headed to a Netflix screen near you. The funny Scooby Doo movies are perfect for your next movie night with the girls or a night with popcorn just for yourself. They are two classic movies that are underappreciated for their hilariousness.

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

The Will Ferrell favorite is coming to Netflix and viewers can enjoy baby Jesus and all the laughs and ridiculousness that is featured in this movie.

Fuller House: Season 1

Your 90’s kid favorite show is getting a revamp on February 26 with a lot of the same characters making cameos. This show features DJ Tanner played by Candace Cameron and her kids growing up with the help of her best friend Kimmy Gibbler and younger sister Stephanie in the same house! But, it has been revovated since the original show.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt: Season 2

The second season of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt comes out to stream on April 15, 2016. It was created by the hilarious Tina Fey and it follows 29 year old Kimmy Schmidt played by Elle Kemper from Bridesmaids, who just got out of a bunker where she was locked inside for 15 years. Kimmy Schmidt also includes Titus Andromedon, Kimmy’s roommate who is a struggling actor played by Tituss Burgess. This amazing show also features Jane Krakowski who plays a socialite that is Kimmy’s boss and Carol Kane who plays her landlady. The show only has 13 episodes for the first season but they are only 20 minutes long so it will be easy to binge watch it in time for the new season that is coming up.

House of Cards: Season 4

The D.C drama featuring Kevin Spacey as the current President running for reelection in November 2016 comes back on March 4th. It will include many exciting events. The promo for the new season features Frank and his chief of staff Doug digging up something exciting. Season 4 will also include Claire and Frank’s relationship rebuilding after she left him at the end of Season 3.

Orange is the New Black: Season 4

The hit Litchfield prison show will be back sooner than we know it on June 17th! There is talk that there might be some people coming back from season 3 to the show but we will not know until closer to the release date. The wait for this award winning show is getting harder and harder for viewers!

Hi everyone! My name is Bonnie and I am a junior fashion merchandising major at IUP. My hobbies include watching scandal and gossip girl,eating popcorn, spending time in coffee shops,and going shopping at TJ Maxx.I love to write and talk about interesting topics.