This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

There are endless possibilities for what a girl can do with makeup, but sometimes it can be down right expensive! Whether you love Sephora or prefer to get your make-up at your local Walmart or drug store, here are some products that get the job done!

Eyeliner

My top pick is a gel eyeliner from Sephora called “They’re Real! Push-Up Liner” by Benefit Cosmetics. This gel pen is super easy to use and the formula stays on forever! It clings to your lash line and makes cat-eyes look really bold. This pen will run you about $24, but it is totally worth it if cat-eyes are your thing.

If you want something a lot less expensive, try liquid eyeliner from e.l.f. cosmetics. You can find this at Walmart or online. It will run you $1 (their cosmetics and tools run from $1-$3). It comes in a variety of colors and stays on great!

Mascara

Mascara, in my opinion, is a silly thing to spend a lot of money on. Mascara dries out fast, and you’re really just paying for the brush. My Sephora pick is again from the Benefit Cosmetics brand and it’s called “They’re Real! Mascara.” This formula is long-wearing, makes your lashes look insanely long, and gives you dramatic volume. It will run you around $23.

A cheaper alternative, and my personal favorite is Maybelline’s Volum Express the Rocket water-proof mascara. This mascara has nearly the same effect as the Sephora brand above, and is a lot cheaper. This will run you about $8 and will give your lashes so much volume that they’ll look false!

Lipstick

Lipstick is something definitiely worth splurging on. Recently, I have been digging the Melted collection by Too-Faced. You can find this collection at Sephora. This easy to apply formula is shiny, vibrant, and stays on forever! It will cost you $21, but I highly recommend it.

If you’re not into lipstick too much, or you just want something cheaper, I recommend Wet n’Wild lip liners. They are $0.99 at CVS or Rite Aid. These stay on really well and are super matte. First line your lip, then fill it in with the lip liner. This also stays on longer than regular lipstick.

Foundation

The best mineral powder I have ever used was from Mary Kay. Their mineral powder is super light-weight, gives great coverage, and stays on really well. This will run you $18, but it will last you months since you don’t need to use a lot.

A cheaper, yet just as good alternative is Maybelline’s Fit Me collection. Whether you use the liquid, powder, or concealer versions of this, you will definitely be able to find your color. Their formula is long-wearing, light-weight, and will only run you about $8.

Whether you dabbe in make-up here and there or if you rock it every day, you should always wear what makes you feel best! Remember, you don’t have to break the bank to turn some heads.

Hey everyone! I'm a Sophomore at IUP with a major in Philosophy and a minor in French. I'm obsessed with lipstick, Supernatural, and cats. Coffee is pretty awesome in my book as well. I believe that all women are beautiful in there own special way (YES! That means you!) I'll be posting a "Dear Abby" column once a month and beauty blogs, so feel free to send me your questions via my email bgtt@iup.edu. All questions will be kept confidential, you can even add a funky alias if you so choose. I'll answer anything you have to ask, including (but not limited to) relationships, sex, makeup, study habits, or whatever else your heart desires! Also, I will be writing a beauty blog where I'll give advice on makeup styles, hair tips, and skin care. Feel free to ask me any questions about these topics as well! Now go look in the mirror and smile, because you are AWESOME!